🇫🇷 FR🇬🇧 EN
+33 1 42 35 61 28
1, chemin du Moulin Basset
93205 Saint-Denis


The French government has provided an anonymous, toll-free number, 3919, in order to connect women victims of violence with professionals capable of helping them.

Le 3919 is available 7 days a week, from 9am to 10pm, Monday to Friday,
and from 9am to 6pm on Saturdays, Sundays and bank holidays.

  • Call 17 to call the police or if your safety is at risk
  • Call 18 for the fire department
  • Call 15 for urgent medical assistance (SAMU)

If you encounter any of the following situations, you can be helped. There are laws, structures and people that exist to protect you. The list below outlines some of the difficult situations you could be facing, and the solutions available to deal with them.

I do not feel safe in my own home. There are people who do things to me that I am uncomfortable with, that scare me, or humiliate me.

In France, women suffer from violence that is most often perpetrated by people close to them. No matter the situation, nothing justifies violence. Often, the perpetrator of violence blames the woman victim for these acts while in reality, it is the aggressor who is responsible for these acts. Everyone has qualities and flaws, and none of these characteristics can be used to justify violence.

You are not responsible for the actions of people around you. Whatever their justifications or explanations, they have no right to assault you. They are the only ones who are responsible for their actions which are punishable by the law.

At the Women's Home, a dedicated team of professionals is here to listen to you, inform you, and help you get out of the violent situations.

Back to top

I have been a victim of violence in the past, and it is preventing me from doing well today.

Violence can have serious consequences on your health and on both your mental and physical integrity. The symptoms of discomfort and hardship are normal consequences of violent situations with specific psychic disorders such as post-traumatic stress disorder. These symptoms are not part of your fate and you can be healed with the proper support.

At the Women's Home, the team is trained to identify these symptoms and specialized professionals are available to help you.

For additional information, take a look at this brochure (in French).

Back to top

When I was a child, one or more persons touched me and hurt me.

The violence that you experienced in your childhood can be very traumatizing. Sometimes, the victims of such violence even forget that it happened to them. But the emotional scars are present, although they may seem insignificant and nonapparent. These problems can follow women in their relations, sexuality, confidence, physical contact, depression, guilt, and when the cause is unknown, it can give them the sense of going mad and losing control of oneself.

The help of a qualified professional allows you to understand the reasons for the difficulties that you are experiencing. There are ways to gradually reduce the unbearable pain that this violence has caused. You can find the appropriate support you need here within the team at the Women's Home.

If you were a victim of sexual violence as a child, please consult this brochure (in French) to find out more about the help offered at the Women's Home, or visit this page for more general information.

Back to top

I am pregnant, but I do not want to have this baby.

At the Women's Home, our team is dedicated to accompany women who do not wish to carry out their pregnancy. Abortions can be done up until the end of the 12th week of pregnancy, or 14 weeks after the first day of the last menstruation. This procedure can be performed either by using drugs or by an instrumental method using either general or local anesthesia. The technique used depends on your own choices as well as your pregnancy stage. You can make this choice with the help of the doctor or midwife during your first or second consultation. Throughout the entire process, your confidentiality will be respected.

For more information, please consult this brochure (in French).

Back to top

I am pregnant, and I am scared that I will not be able to manage.

The team at the Women's Home works closely with the maternity ward. Thus, the period of pregnancy is completely compatible with the access and resources offered at our organization. Please call us to make an appointment.

Back to top

I have questions regarding my sexuality.

The team at the Women's Home is dedicated to supporting women and their sexual health. We can answer all of your questions regarding your sexuality, no matter your age, choices, or practices. The team respects your confidentiality.

The toll-free number +33 8 00 08 11 11, accessible in mainland France and in the French Overseas Territories, is available to respond to all of your questions about your sexuality, contraception and abortion. It is open on Mondays from 9:00am to 10:00pm, and on Tuesdays through Saturdays from 9:00am to 8:00pm. In addition to these hours, the website ivg.gouv.fr is available and presents the emergency procedures to take in the case of unprotected sex. A professional will respond to you. They have the contact details of health facilities that provide abortion services, their availability and the method used.

Back to top

I was excised, I think I was excised, I wish to discuss.

At the Women's Home, a team of doctors, midwives, psychologists and sexologists specialized in female genital mutilation are available to discuss your excision, answer your questions, and consider surgery if desired. Our team will support you and guide you throughout your treatment process. We also offer a support group once a month so that you can talk to other women in similar situations and share your story, listen to theirs, and ask questions.

For more information on the services offered at the Women's Home regarding female genital mutilation, click here (in French).

For more information on the surgical repair process, click here (in French).

Back to top

I have questions about contraception.

The team at the Women's Home is dedicated to supporting women and their sexual health. We can answer all of your questions regarding contraception, no matter your age, choices, or practices. The team respects your confidentiality.

For more information, please visit http://www.choisirsacontraception.fr/.

Back to top

I have questions regarding my rights.

The team at the Women's Home has strong contacts with lawyers specialized in women’s rights. We have the resources to inform you and direct you to confidential and free legal services adapted to your specific situation.

For additional information, please consult this brochure (in French).

Back to top

I am a victim of domestic violence.

The team at the Women's Home suggests that you consult the SOS Femme Seine-Saint-Denis association, which is part of the Fédération Nationale Solidarité Femmes, a network of women associations committed to combating violence against women for over 25 years. This includes in particular violence within the family. SOS Femmes 93 welcomes women victims of domestic violence. They will be available to listen, support and guide them, in respect of the opportunities that will help improve their situation.

For more information, please visit this page.

Back to top

I am thinking of filing a complaint.

A judge may impose protective measures and/or prosecute the perpetrator only if a report has been made. This may be carried out either with the police or gendarmerie, or with a public prosecutor of the Republic.

To file a complaint, the victim does not need a medical certificate from a general doctor or hospital stating the assault.

The certificate is a very useful piece of evidence of violence in the course of legal proceedings, even if the victim submits a complaint several months later. In the case of an investigation, the police or gendarmerie may require a medical examination.

If you do not wish to submit a complaint, you can report the facts to the police or gendarmerie. The statement will be recorded in the register of offences (police) or as a report for legal records (gendarmerie). This statement constitutes a written record that can be used later as part of a complaint or proceeding before the Family Court.

A receipt for the complaint as well as a copy of the statement must be issued to the victim.

Back to top

I cannot afford my medications, my birth control pill, or to have a consultation with a gynecologist.

No matter your situation (French nationality or other, residence permit or not), a social worker can work with you and advise you on the steps to be taken to obtain health insurance in order to be reimbursed for your health expenses.

You can receive free medical consultations in certains organizations like CASO from Médecins du Monde in St-Denis: http://www.medecinsdumonde.org/contact/ile-de-france.

Back to top

I am unregistered and I need healthcare.

Your situation can be rectified under certain conditions, and in any case, you have rights. Specialized legal services are available: http://www.lacimade.org/regions/ile-de-france-champagne-ardennes/permanences/.

Back to top

Planning de la Maison

If you would like to enquire about the monthly planning of the center, please email contact@lamaisondesfemmes.fr.